Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bento No. 11 - Burrito Casserole


I absolutely love Mexican food, especially burritos. It started with the Kenan and Kel show way back in the 90's. Kenan (or probably Kel) ate this humongous burrito and they got sick to their stomachs. I was so curious! The fast forward to the early two-thousands, I see Ron Stoppable ALWAYS eating at their local taco joint! It's official! I must try eating a burrito! And when I did! BAM! It was love at first taste! Now I can eat two Taco Bell burritos in one go, no problem!

I'm sure some of you experience this annoying (yet gratifying) moments in your life; you're craving for burritos and you want them now! You want them later, you want them for tomorrow! Heck! you'll eat it the whole week. We all have those moments, right?

This bento is inspired from this kind of moment. I can't count the number of times I made this just to satiate my extreme craving for burritos!



Carrot and cucumber daisy tutorial coming soon!


No Fuss Burrito Caserole

An easy to cook burrito casserole that is bursting with flavors

Ingredients

1 Can Chilli Con Carne / Chilli Beans
1 - 2 bulbs of red onions (depends on how spicy you want it), diced
Cooked Rice / Fried Rice / Flavored Rice
Strips of cooked beef (optional)
Grated quick-melt cheese

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 150C
2. In a casserole dish, layer the chilli, rice, beef, onions and cheese. Make sure that the topmost layer is cheese (and lots of it), and below it is either beans or rice.
3. Pop the casserole in the oven for 10 minutes or until all the cheese melts

No comments:

Post a Comment