Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Bento No. 10 - Cold Soba Noodles with Herbed Tuna and Tamago-Nori-Yaki



As I make more bentos, I guess, I become more creative in pairing my food. I also want to experiment more and try making Japanese food that I haven't tasted yet. I also tend to experiment on different container size and shapes to make my bentos more appealing. Today's Bento Menu:
  1. Cold Soba Noodles
  2. Herbed Tuna
  3. Tamagoyaki with Nori

Cold Soba Noodles Recipe

For this recipe, you can check out this post where I have the procedure for making Cold Soba, and listed all the ingredients and where to buy them.

Herbed Tuna

This herbed tuna recipe can be done in under 5 minutes!

1 Can Tuna Chunks

Your choice of herbs. Mine was Thyme

  1. Open the can of tuna and drain
  2. Combine your herbs and rub gently on the tuna
  3. To thoroughly infuse the flavor, microwave on low for 1 minute

Tamagoyaki with Nori

This is actually the most challenging to prepare. If it's the first time you're making this, it will take some patience. Actually, I don't have patience for this, that's why I asked my Kitty to do it for me! He's so great with it! For this, you'll need the following:

2 Eggs

1 Tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce

1 tsp Shallot Sauce (optional)

2 Nori strips
  1. In a bowl, beat together eggs, sweet soy sauce and shallot sauce. If you want striations or streaks on your tamagoyaki, just beat it enough to break the yolks
  2. Heat your tamagoyaki pan in low heat. Make sure to grease the pan
  3. Pour a bit of the mixture, just enough to cover the pan and form a thin layer of egg. Let the egg cook for a bit, and while the top is still a bit wet (but cooked),gently roll the egg layer
  4. Grease the part of the pan without the egg roll and then pour another layer of egg mixture. While it is cooking, place the nori strips on top of egg layer
  5. Gently roll the eggs again. You can add another layer of egg or leave it at that
  6. let the tamagoyaki oool and then slice

No comments:

Post a Comment